The golden triangle explains the basic mechanism for releasing early and often. In what follows, it is assumed that the ‘resources’ (people & materials) remain constant and quality must comply to a minimum level.
If either time (deadline) or scope is unachievable, consider to:
- slow down to speed up—teams that finish early accelerate faster, kaizen;
- offload some of the work to external parties;
- scale up human capacity.
Three primary release strategies:
- Custom-Planned Releases—scope is function of time
- Fixed Release Cadence—scope is function of time
- Multi-Team Releases—time is function of scope;