Merriam Webster on agreement:
- the act of agreeing
- a situation in which people share the same opinion
- a situation in which people agree
- an arrangement, contract, etc., by which people agree about what is to be done
Full definition of agreement
- harmony of opinion, action, or character: concord
- the act or fact of agreeing
- an arrangement as to a course of action
- compact, treaty
- a contract duly executed and legally binding
- the language or instrument embodying such a contract
Examples of agreement
- Any changes to the plan require the agreement of everyone involved.
- There is wide agreement on this issue.
- They have been unable to reach agreement about how to achieve reform.
- I thought we had an agreement.
- Their agreement expires next year.
- He has to return the property under the terms of an agreement he has with the original owner.
- He signed an agreement to buy the property.
Synonyms of agreement
accord, concurrence, concurrency, consensus, unanimity, unison, meeting of minds
Antonyms of agreement
conflict, disagreement, dissensus
accession, adhesion, assent, assentation, consent; acceptance, acquiescence, concession, embrace, embracement; approbation, approval, favor; alliance, collaboration, collusion, complicity, conspiracy; compliance, concert, concertedness, concord, concordance, conformity, consonance, harmony, oneness, solidarity, understanding, union; empathy, rapport, sympathy
Near Antonyms of agreement
discord, dissension (also dissention); dissent, opposition, resistance; disapprobation, disapproval, disfavor