(Redirected from Category:Decide)
- too many cooks spoil the broth
- consent, a.k.a. integral decision-making
- thumb protocol
- delegation poker
From top to bottom, your control, involvement and responsibility increases, and decision speed decreases.
- You bless the decision, perhaps refine it a bit.
- You suggest any improvements which the author processes into a new revision.
- You can react within a time limit; no reaction implies your consent.
- You get involved and the decision must have your consent.
- HBR » Peter Hopper, Jugnu Sakuja » A 4-Step Process to Help Senior Teams Prioritize Decisions
- InfoQ » Geoff Watts » Book Q&A on Product Mastery
- Crisp » Henrik Kniberg » How we make decisions; see decision spectrum and bun owner.
- Big Think » Make Better Decisions: Redefining “Giving Up”
- Big Think » Alex Berezow » Unlike Voters, Fish Make Better Group Decisions
- InfoQ » Michael Nir » Three Practical Guidelines for Business Decisions
Pearls for Decision-making
|Customer segment pivot||jump up your revenue and return by maximising value creation|
|Decision spectrum||pick the proper decision process||Pick the fastest decision process on the on the scale from “fast” to “well-anchored”.|
|Even over||make choices, to implement and deploy strategy||Publish and pin “even over” statements all over the place.|
|Nemawashi||decide wisely at the latest responsible moment||Slowly and thouroughly consider and consent all real options, and implement decisions rapidly.|
|Zoom-in pivot||refocus product development on just one successful feature of the larger whole|