What are the words carved above the gateway to the Oracle’s chair, to prepare the ancient enquirers on their way to the prophet? Right,
- Know thyself.
If you are or want to be a good coach, answer the following questions for yourself and/or ask colleagues to complete a copy of this page based on their impressions of you.
How many times in the last week did I:
- _____ Provide unconditional praise or kudos.
- _____ Give constructive feedback.
- _____ Check a colleague’s level of motivation.
- _____ Inspire a colleague.
- _____ Ask for feedback.
- _____ Consciously delegate a taks.
- _____ Hold a really effective team meeting.
- _____ Provide upward feedback.
- _____ Check a team’s morale or happiness index.
- _____ mentor a more junior person.
- 1–3 If you are not a recluse, you need to study and apply the book The Tao of Coaching by Max Landsberg carefully.
- 4–6 You can significantly increase your effectiveness at work by applying just a few tips from the book.
- 7–8 You are nearly a coach master.
- 9–10 Give the book to someone who needs it.
Priority areas for me to work on: