…you are getting the whole system in the room.
✣ ✣ ✣
Integrative decision-making, representing all stakes.
Make sure the right and diverse mix of people who “ARE IN” the room:
- Authority to act, like decision-making responsibility.
- Resources, such as contacts, time or money.
- Expertise in the issues to be considered.
- Information about the topic no one else has.
- Need to be involved because they are affected by the outcome and can speak to the consequences.
Include the right mix of authority, resources, expertise, information and those affected.
✣ ✣ ✣
✣ ✣ ✣
How to use
- Create a simple table with are in as column headings.
- List the stakeholders that come to mind, one per row.
- Walk through all cells (per stakeholder) and check the cell when applicable.
- Check the total table for completeness, consistency, and coherence.
- Fix any omissions and maybe prune some duplicates.
|Author||Marvin Weisbord + and Sandra Janoff +|
|Goal||co-create and integral solution or decision with everyone who holds a stake in the initative +|
|Pearl||Whole system in the room +, Delegation poker +, Delegation board +, Are in + and Nemawashi +|
|So||Include the right mix of authority, resources, expertise, information and those affected. +|
|Theme||Don’t just do something +|
|Wish||Include all—and only real—stakeholders for faster decisions and greater personal responsibility. +|