Meeting length proportional to agenda
…you are to make an important and complex decision that affects many people across the organization.
✣ ✣ ✣
You want to invest the proper amount of time to investigate a key issue and its resolution.
- Time frames for effective and efficient action-oriented dialogs are proportionally shorter when you have:
- a narrowly focused agenda;
- many others who have already spent time working on key issues; and/or
- the objective is non-controversial but not well understood.
- In such cases, you seek:
- shared agreement;
- the next steps people will take; and
- structures for moving forward.
Match the gathering’s length to its agenda and goal.
✣ ✣ ✣
✣ ✣ ✣
|Author||Category:Marvin Weisbord + and Category:Sandra Janoff +|
|Goal||invest time and effort both effectively and efficiently +|
|So||Match the gathering’s length to its agenda and goal. +|
|Theme||Don’t just do something, stand there! +|
|Wish||You want to invest the proper amount of time to investigate a key issue and its resolution. +|