…a group of people in search of ideas or context.
✣ ✣ ✣
A complete list of all the issues allow you to pick the ones that matter most so that you can invest your time and energy wisely.
Goal is to generate as many ideas as we can.
- Adopt the rules for better brainstorming.
- Create groups of max five people.
- Take a paper, write your name on the top line.
- In three minutes, aim to generate at least three ideas related to the topic:
- Write a single idea on a single line.
- Skip four lines (i.e. leave blank).
- Repeat until ideas or time up.
- Pass your paper to the right.
- In three minutes, read the paper, and add detail or build on the ideas already there.
- Repeat until you get your own paper back.
- What did you notice while you wrote ideas?
- What surprised you?
- What met your expectations? How?
- What is missing from these lists?
- What ideas and topics should we examine further?
- Share the top 3–5 ideas with the other groups.
Generate a number of ideas and leave some white space in between for the others to embellish and augment.
✣ ✣ ✣
✣ ✣ ✣
|Goal||get out all the issues and invest your scarce energy on the right ones +|
|Pearl||Rules for better brainstorming +|
|So||Generate a number of ideas and leave some white space in between for the others to embellish and augment. +|
|Wish||A complete list of all the issues allow you to pick the ones that matter most so that you can invest your time and energy wisely. +|