✣ ✣ ✣
A scrutinized version of the work of a few makes it better, durable, robust, and more valuable.
Basic procedure for a writer's workshop.
- Present work by authors: read personally important snippets; authors switch to Fly on the Wall.
- Summarize the work by one or more reviewers.
- Likes and keeps by everyone.
- Improvement suggestions by everyone; build on each others suggestions.
- Sandwich—Summarize key points of suggestions.
- Rejoin the authors into the group and get them off the wall.
- Kudos—everybody stands up and applauds the author(s).
Please, do your home work and:
- print the documents to be reviewed and:
- read them;
- annotate them loud and clear (so your notes are legible);
- highlight any typos and other lexical and grammatical errors and flawsl
- hand them over to the author(s) after the review.
If you volunteer to moderate or facilitate a writer's workshop, please let the organizer know a.s.a.p.
Up front, ask the participants “Who of you have down their home work and read the material?”. Kindly request that only those who've done their home work to participate in the workshop.
Conduct a small and focused workshop that brings out the best in all.
✣ ✣ ✣
✣ ✣ ✣
|Goal||harden the creative work of a few by many subject matter experts. +|
|Pearl||Pattern +, Pearl + and Writer's workshop +|
|So||Conduct a small and focused workshop that brings out the best in all. +|
|Wish||A scrutinized version of the work of a few makes it better, durable, robust, and more valuable. +|