Agile team dōjō
…agile teams all over the place.
✣ ✣ ✣
A nimble, agile and hyper-performing team.
Consider to experiment with the dōjō metaphor as well as shu-ha-ri. The goal is to allow teams to, voluntary, take a quantum leap in your agility in a short intense period of time (6–12 weeks). Secondary goal is to become more results-oriented as an agile coach, and to make sure that Agile Coaches deliver on promises in a limited time.
Entering the dōjō implies a formal admission. All team members need to sign a document (declaration of agility) where they agree to:
- pursue sustainable incremental evolutionary change;
- adopt agile shock therapy.
- A dojo (道場 dōjō?) is a Japanese term which literally means “place of the way”. Initially, dōjōs were adjunct to temples. The term can refer to a formal training place for any of the Japanese do arts but typically it is considered the formal gathering place for students of any Japanese martial arts style such as karate, judo, or samurai, to conduct training, examinations and other related encounters.
- The concept of a dōjō as a training place specifically for martial arts is a Western concept; in Japan, any physical training facility, including professional wrestling schools, may be called dōjō because of its close martial arts roots.
✣ ✣ ✣
- Average individual happiness index ≥ 3.
- Absolute team happiness index ≥ 3.
- cumulative flow diagram healthy and published.
- average lead time distribution graphed and trend stable or improving.
- throughput published and trend stable or improving.
- predictability shows a standard deviation ≤ to be specified.
- All work in progress limits honored 100% of the time.
The graduation criteria can be seen as a specific form of operations review.
✣ ✣ ✣
|Goal||quickly have a team take an agile quantum leap +|
|Pearl||Agile coach +, Agile team dōjō +, Stable team +, Declaration of agility +, Agile shock therapy +, Product owner +, Scrum master +, Build crew +, Squad +, Tribe +, Happiness index +, Cumulative flow diagram +, Average lead time distribution +, Throughput +, Predictability +, Work in progress limits + and Operations review +|
|So||Guide and coach the team through an intense weekly training program. +|
|Theme||Agile + and Maneuver +|
|Wish||An nimble, agile and hyper-performing team. +|